A considerable amount of research and development has been invested into our Bariatric range of products. With over 100,000 super obese and 1 million morbidly obese people in the UK, KIHTO Healthcare have a range of beds to assist and promote independence in the home.
Considerations need to be made for Bariatric clients and their carers. What happens when a carer is ill? A range of beds have been designed to cater for this increasing market now available for community use and hire. Products to accelerate hospital discharge, re-distribute weight helping to prevent pressure sores. All our beds have locking castors and silent actuator movement. With a variety of widths and lengths, we have the answer to your Bariatric care problems and in many cases having a huge positive impact on client and carer alike.
All KIHTO Healthcare beds are available in heavy duty versions, from 35 stone up 80 stone. All bariatric beds are made with 4 motors to provide extra reinforcement and stability. Surge protectors must be used on all beds.
Solutions for Plus Size Care
- Specific equipment is needed that meets the needs of complex cases and to assist in continuing care
- Meet the needs of both patient and carer
- Strength of equipment – suitable for community use
- Restore dignity and empower independence
- Quality care – correct care first time, every time
- Protect and prevent the increased risk of pressure sores
- Reduce the risk of admission to hospital and allow discharge from hospital after treatment
- Safe transfer and movement for the client and carer
- Individual assessments by trained KIHTO Healthcare advisors
For more information about our bariatric services, please contact a member of our team.